Chicken fajita wraps
For the spice mix
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- pinch crushed chillies, plus extra to taste
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 dried bay leaf, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
For the guacamole
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved and stoned
- ½ lime, juice only
- few sprigs fresh coriander, leaves and stalks chopped
- 1 small mild chilli, finely chopped (and deseeded, optional)
For the fajitas
- 2–3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g/10½oz leftover roasted chicken (white and brown meat), shredded into bite-sized pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 corn on the cobs
- 100ml/3½fl oz soured cream
- ½ lime, zest only
- 4 large tortilla wraps
- 100g/3½oz cheddar, grated
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
For the spice mix, combine all of the spices and the crushed bay leaf in a bowl, season with pepper and set aside.
For the guacamole, place the avocado flesh in a bowl along with the lime juice. Add the coriander, chilli and a pinch of salt. Roughly mash together using a fork until combined.
For the fajitas, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and pepper and fry for around 6–8 minutes, stirring frequently until softened. Add the garlic, fry for a further minute and then add in the spice mix. Stir for 2 minutes until the spices are aromatic. Add the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and add extra crushed dried chilies, if desired. Add a splash of water to the pan and cook over a medium heat for 4–5 minutes, stirring, until piping hot. Check seasoning and adjust as desired.
Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the corn on the cobs for 4–6 minutes until tender. Remove from the pan, drain and, once cool enough to handle, carefully cut each in half to make 4 small cobs. Mix the soured cream with the lime zest in a small bowl.
To serve, heat the tortillas in the microwave (according to packet instructions) or in a hot dry frying pan. Serve the chicken mixture in the wraps with the guacamole, soured cream and grated cheese. Serve the corn on the cobs and lime wedges alongside.