Millwall Community Trust (MCT) are looking for an experienced management accountant to join our team. MCT has a strategy of encouraging sports participation through positive partnerships, and operates a number of programmes across the London Boroughs of Lewisham and Southwark. MCT works closely with Millwall Football Club, and the role will involve working with both organisations.
This exciting role will cover a range of areas within the charity and the selected candidate will be involved in a wider remit than accounts production, being a relied upon member of the management team and providing accurate and timely advice for decision makers.
Description The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
• Producing budgets monthly, quarterly and annually for MCT
• Meeting with budget holders and providing advice
• Variance Analysis
• Forecasting, cash flow analysis and planning, and working with the MCT CEO
• Producing monthly management accounts for assigned departments
• Credit control activities for MCT and managing payments in line with agreed cash flow plans
• Production of charity financial reporting, including analysis of projects
• Preparation of monthly payroll
• Liaison with external specialists to ensure compliance activities, including charities commission, bank and auditors
The successful candidate will be:
• Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA – final exam stage candidates will also be considered)
• Have worked recently in a Management Accountant role
• Experienced in balance sheet analysis
• Experience working within a charity environment is essential
• Ability to liaise with departments in a confident and personable manner
• Confident in delivering reports and providing advice on budgets
• Highly organised and motivated
• A good communicator (both written and spoken)
Salary Range – £28k -£32k pa
Please can you email your CV and covering letter to Sean Daly – [email protected]
Closing date – 25th July 2019
Millwall Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Written references will be required.